Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Magic at the Gate by Devon Monk

Magic at the Gate (Allie Beckstrom, #5)Magic at the Gate by Devon Monk

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Allie Beckstrom's lover, Zayvion Jones, is a Guardian of the Gate, imbued with both light and dark magic and responsible for ensuring that those energies don't mix. But Zayvion lies in a coma, his soul trapped in death's realm. And when Allie discovers that the only way to save Zayvion is to sacrifice her very own magical essence, she makes a decision that may have grave consequences for the entire world.


It was okay. Not my favourite. I expected that by book #5 Allie would have learned a lot more magic and would start making smarter decisions. Allie gets to my nerves sometimes with her "I'll never give-in" and then two paragraphs later she does.

I hoped by now she would be stronger and would be able to stand her ground more. It's well written and all, it has a good mystery that makes me keep on reading even though I've had enough of Allie.

No comments:

Post a Comment