Monday, December 13, 2010

Review - Queen of Shadows by Dianne Sylvan

Meet Miranda Grey-music and magic are in her blood.
Overwhelmed by her uncanny ability to manipulate people's emotions through her music, Miranda Grey comes to the attention of vampire lord David Solomon. Believing he can help bring her magic under control, David discovers that Miranda's powers may affect the vampire world too...
I read this book last week  Mariya from GoodReads had recommended it some thread that I can't find any longer.

I had never heard of it before, nor of the writer. It was one of those books I could not sleep until I finished it. I absolutely loved it, and I was upset it's only the first one of the series and I have to wait another 6 months for the next one.

It's written on third person, it has PNR feel, but it has a happy for now end, instead of HEA. The style reminds me of Guild hunter series, and the story line reminds me of the Eternal Kiss of Darkness mixed with Chicagoland Vampires. It's still original (even though it's about Vampires),

Miranda goes through a traumatic event, and nearly dies. She kills her assaultants using her magic as n empath before being saved by totally handsome and badass vampire David.

David looks after Miranda while she recovers, and keeps her around while teaching her how to control her magic.

I'm a bit of geek myself so I love how David is an expert with computers. I loved that how he comes across cold (without showing any emotions) to anyone but he's not really he feels but it stays hidden except from Miranda and Faith (David's second in command).
I liked Miranda too. I liked seeing her grow, it did come across that she could be a very strong person, and she really did.

Even though, I was totally hooked on the romance, the book has a plot. It's dark, it's sexy, and it's full of action. It has that "destined to be" element, a powerful handsome hero, a heroine that grows strong, but has never been stupid or silly.

I only picked it up by pure luck, and I was glad I did.
5 Stars - Can't wait for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment