Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Red-Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells

Red-Headed Stepchild (Sabina Kane, #1)Red-Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells

My rating: 1 of 5 stars


I was hoping Sabina was going to be this tough kick-ass chick, and I got halfway and just didn't want to finish it. I'm not usually like that, even if I don't like something, I always get the hope that it will get better by the end.



You know those scenes in movies where you just want to look away cause you can't stand the stupidity? For me Sabina just acts like a teenager trying to win over the love of an unconcerned grandparent. But she's a grown woman (or vampire)!



Really, she stupidly gets in these crazy situations. I was the entire time wanting to scream at her "DON'T DO THAT!".



I suppose that it's always part of a character development, but did she really need to start so dislikable?? If so, I'm not stiking around to find out...



If you like Kate Daniel Series or Chicagoland Vampires, do not read this , it's nothing like it!



EDIT:



Okay. I was running out of choices on what to read or listen to when I found out that Cynthia Holloway reads this book. So I gave it another go.



I have to admit I gave myself a pat on the back for sticking through the whole book. Sabina and I just don't get along. We have all the opposit instincts. Why I want kill someone, she's becoming a victim. While I want to ignore her new frivolous fae housemate, Sabina is calling her a friend. While I expect to have a scary big monster demon for a pet, Sabina makes a clown out of him. We just don't see eye to eye.



Yes, I'm listening the next ones in hope that Sabina won't be an assassin vampire victim for too long.....













View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment